Your donation to the Department of History will be used to help a dynamic and accomplished faculty in its mission to produce ground-breaking research, to train a new generation of professional historians, and to extend the benefits of an excellent liberal arts education to more citizens of the state.
Contributions may support one or more of these worthy causes:
- Time in the archives for our award-winning scholars, who are producing fascinating research in a wide range of fields
- Support for our graduate students, who need financial help in pursuing their dissertation research
- Faculty outreach to history teachers and the wider Tennessee community to share their expertise and passion for history
- Scholarship awards to support a number of undergraduate history majors, some for financial need, others to reward excellence in undergraduate research
- Funding to bring major scholars to our campus for public lectures and for seminars with faculty and graduate students
At a time of declining financial support for the humanities at the state and national level, private donations are crucial. Your dollars will be gratefully received and carefully stewarded, supporting a dynamic department that is leading the way in UT’s drive to be a Top 25 public research university.
Your gift counts more than ever! We sincerely thank the many alumni and friends who so generously support the Department of History. Gifts can be designated to the program you prefer and will be most gratefully received.