HISTORY DEPARTMENT ACCESS
Due to safety concerns during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are limiting foot traffic in Dunford Hall for the fall 2020 semester. If you need to contact the History Department office or a faculty member, please see below before entering the building:
- Need to talk with your professor? Please check Canvas for your instructor’s contact information and individual office hours. We will not be holding face to face office hours this semester.
- Need academic advising? If you have an assigned faculty advisor, contact her/him via e-mail. If you do not yet have an advisor, contact Riley Finch, our department advisor, at email@example.com, to arrange an online advising appointment.
- Need to add or drop a class? Need to declare a history major or minor? Visit history.utk.edu/online for links to department forms.
- For other undergraduate questions, contact Mary Beckley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students, Faculty, Staff & Visitors
- The History Department office will be staffed from 9 AM to 3 PM each weekday. If you have a delivery or need face to face help from the staff, please call 974-5421 for instructions and to make an appointment. Messages left will be returned the same business day whenever possible. You may also reach us at email@example.com.
Additional Safety Measures
- Face coverings are required to be worn by every person entering the building. Please knock before entering offices to allow others working to put on face coverings.
- Make an appointment, when possible. Please consider virtual office hours or other ways to digitally communicate.
- Practice social distancing. Stay at least six feet apart from others. Follow all signage related to social distancing, particularly in common areas, elevators, hallways, etc.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces when finished.
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer located throughout the building.
- Everyone entering the building is required to complete the daily self-check form: