Kirsten Pitcock, who is the Advising Coordinator for the Departments of History and English is located at 2547 Dunford on the fifth floor.
Kirsten meets with undergraduate students new transfer students, supplemental History advising, as well as students looking to switch their major to History. Supplemental advising is for students who would like to consult with a History advisor, but may be assigned to another advisor on campus. The topics for supplemental advising may include study abroad, pre-law, pre-teaching, pre-health, as well as topics regarding registration and career planning in regards to the History major.
If you are a declared History major with a faculty advisor, please contact your faculty advisor by email, to set up an advising appointment with them.
- Log into your MyUTK account
- Scroll down to the UTK Student Academic Links box
- Click on GradesFirst link
- Click on Appointments for Advising or Other Academic Help
- Select History Advising as your reason for the appointment, or Supplemental History Advising if Kirsten is not your advisor
- Select History Advising in the next box
- Click next
- Select History Advising – 2547 Dunford in the location drop down window
- Select Kirsten Pitcock as your advisor—if I am not listed as your advisor, select “Supplemental History Advising.”
- Click Next
- You will see a grid of available appointments, if you don’t see any appointment times click the Next Week arrow. Appointments are not available more than two weeks out
- Click on the box for morning or afternoon
- Select the available time that works for you
- Click Next
- Indicate what you would like to discuss during your appointment in the comments box
- Select the reminder you would like to receive (text or email)
- Click Confirm Appointment. Your appointment is not saved until you click the confirm button.
- You will receive a confirmation email
Be sure to arrive to your appointment about 5 minutes early. Please call Arts and Sciences Advising Services at 865-974-4483 if you have questions about making an appointment.